Saturday, January 7, 2012

I am hiding in the bathroom from my 17 month old.

No, seriously I'm writing this in our bathroom and Rhett is knocking on our bathroom door saying "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom." 

I'm playing single parent for a week while Jake is out of town for work and it's HARD. 

I really admire the parents who do this on a daily basis. 

You have my upmost respect. 

But thankfully Jake is coming home THIS EVENING. 

Only a few more hours of me and the little man. 

Maybe I can continue to keep him entertained with his reflection in the blender for a little longer. 


But for now I think I need to come out of hiding. 

It's amazing the power a toddler can have over an adult, huh?



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. You are cracking me up! The pic of him looking at his reflection in the blender is priceless! Just think..you can put that in his baby book for his future wife to see...she'll be impressed ;)
    Been there, done that on hiding...it's ok. Enjoy your time in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! Hang in there mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Julia! They grow up in the blink of an eye and then you won't even have to close the bathroom door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha you are so hilarious! I'm glad you're so REAL too. It's refreshing. I'm sure there's not a mom in the world that hasn't felt this way. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, they're attached to the hip. You're in the bathroom, they're at the threshold with hands sticking under the door looking for you. andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain! I am on 1 1/2 weeks my husband has been away! He is in Africa on a mission trip. Single motherhood is not for me and I miss him terribly! I am spent, beat, tired. These times away make me so grateful :o)
    Hope he is home soon!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine are teens and I swear it hasn't changed... Just as you think you got it going on...they come along to do something...like knocking on the door when you just need a moment alone! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I remember those days! Thank God for your husband! And I loved the blender shot! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha. kids. they have so much energy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh that's going to be me next week! Nate's first business trip for work and it's a whole week. Not sure how I'm going to survive... I hope it goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha ha!!!! I took LOTS of potty breaks some days ;) Mine always felt the need to slide several book selections under the door while patiently waiting for me outside. Cracked me up and drove me crazy all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!