Thursday, January 29, 2015

the smorgasbord

Grandeur and depth central today!

I've been sitting down to blog everyday last week but have been having a hard time putting half a cohesive strand together. Rutty rut rut over here.

I've been hoping to glean some inspiration from my usual sources but they have been pretty boring lately:

+ Rad hasn't learned any new tricks to report...we're working very hard on his handstands but he just can't quite get it...yet. Remedial little boy.


+ He has however gleaned the concept of "the loophole." Gladiator takes lots of swings and punches...usually they are just aimed at the air that's all up in his personal space, but occasionally they make contact. So after the multiple times of responsible parental course correction and instruction Rad has found his favorite loophole. The head butt. He gives the side eye and then bam. Noggin extraordinaire makes contact.

+ And lastly, nothing currently makes him angrier than a parent trying to dispose of one of his pungent diapers in the big trash can on the side yard and not taking him with for the adventure. He loves throwing anything away in the garbage can and always walks away clapping his hands when he disposes of non garbage worthy items.

+ I have this anxious pit in my rapidly expanding belly that Rhett is jumping ahead a few years and entering the gross-9-year-old-potty-humor phase.  An hour of his life is not complete until he makes someone smell his feet and give him the exaggerated, "ewwwww" - even though exaggeration is never necessary because his feet smell truly terrible. Jake says they are going to ruin all of his chances with any ladyloves in the future and I think Jake is right.


+ Rhett's also entering a hippy-new-age-guru-naturalist phase (should have seen it coming with his love of being outdoors in the nude...) were he insists on only drinking LEAF water. Leaf water. You don't know what leaf water is? Well here's the recipe. Leaf water is filling Aunt Jane's left behind Smart Water bottle, letting it chill in the fridge to a crisp sip and then pour it into a sippy cup. But! Lest it sound too deliciously refreshing, be warned...apparently leaf water is poison to anyone but Rhett. Which means my days of secretly chugging water out of a sippy cup when I forget my H2O bottle are over.

+ Jake. His life has been taken over by two things. Assembling recent IKEA purchases for the baby and boy's rooms and working out hard core in his truly awesome attempt at getting back in shape. (He's doing so good!) His thoughts on both endeavors?





IKEA:

"All I do is assemble. I'm a freaking avenger."

GYM:

"I don't dance at the gym. (after he filled me in on his updated playlist) I do my pah duh boo-rays. (Pas de bourrées)


+ And me? Let's just say that at Chick-fil-a a week or so ago I was about to eat a waffle fry when I dropped it. Unable to find it (to clean up! not eat off the ground)  I moved on. About 2 minutes later I leaned back to stretch and found the missing fry on the shelf that is now my belly. Response? "Oh there you are!" and I ate it. (Cringing emoji)

All hail Queen J, the classiest prego on the block.






Pin It

5 comments:


  1. really interesting reading, when i am read very pleased and want to continue to read it. Good luck with this article. I also have articles that may be beneficial, as this article: obat inpeksi saluran kemih obat asam urat obat ejakulasi dini The article discusses health treatment. The next article also discusses the same thing borok di kulit kepala benjolan lemak di punggung I believe it would be useful. and which is also very useful to increase knowledge obat penyakit pankreas obat penyakit pembengkakan persendian The article is also great. or this one obat herbal rematik world herbal I'd love sharing goodness as with this article, hopefully it can benefit others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Register on EverydayFamily TODAY and you will receive stage by stage pregnancy and baby newsletters, promotions and weekly coupon alerts as well as free baby samples, baby coupons, baby magazines & more.

    All New Members are Entered to Win Free Diapers for a Whole Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only express a word of thanks. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge I, thank has been sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.
    cara mengobati selulit
    cara mengobati penipisan lapisan otak
    OBAT LUKA BAKAR ALAMI
    obat infeksi usus
    Cara Mengatasi Sakit Ulu Hati


    ReplyDelete
  4. Nagadomino99 adalah situs yang menyediakan permainan ceme online, domino ceme online, judi ceme online. Pada situs kami tidak memerlukan rumus ceme online dan ceme online info untuk menang dalam permainan poker ceme online. Ceme online terbaik, judi ceme online terpercaya merupakan julukan kami dimata penjudi Indonesia. Sebagai bandar ceme online kami adalah situs judi ceme online yang telah berdiri sejak tahun 2017. Yuk daftar ceme online dan main ceme online , ceme online uang asli pada situs kami di https://nagadomino99.co/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!