Friday, September 20, 2013

a little surgery

for a year now I've been noticing my left big toe joint getting more and more painful and more and more swollen/bruised. 

i've felt like the biggest whiner complaining about it, but man it hurts!

a trip to the podiatrist and a few X-rays later revealed a super large bone spur and a compacted joint; the compacted joint is probably from an old dance or running injury.

so we tried rounds of steroid shots to see if that would help and it really didn't, so ultimately we decided going in and shaving the bone down and having some area cleared out around the joint would be the best option.

so today this little piggy is getting some work done.



obviously it's not big surgery and I'll be in a boot for about 3 weeks. 

i'm not scared of surgery, but man i hate anesthesia. 

it makes me super sick.  

blah. 

so I'm going to take a week off and enjoy lots of jello and movies in bed. :) 

see you in a week!

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Good luck Julia! I hope it all goes well and you're back on your feet in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! Take the time off to rest and not even feel guilty about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all goes well! I'm also very sensitive to anesthesia, so I feel you on that.

    I also have foot problems. Bleh! Heal up quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get better soon. Foot pain is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUCH! I'll say a little prayer for you that it heals quickly. When I broke my pinky toes two years ago it never healed properly...it is so weird looking, I'm embarrassed to wear flip flops. I hope your feet stay super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Hope you heal quickly and that the pain is gone after this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get well soon, wishing you a very speedy recovery! Take care and rest :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!