Monday, March 10, 2014

literally and figuratively Rad

1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months


6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months

11 months

12 months

This boy.

With those chubby, dimpled cheeks.

He is the sweetest, silliest, most happy-go-lucky little person I have ever met. I cannot fathom how my less then perfect, often anxiety-ridden self produced such a fantastic little bean.

Where did the year go little man?? I feel like I blinked and you became the sturdy tank that you are now. I better not blink again. 

Do you want to know my favorite memory of Rad? It was in the hospital. Jake didn't stay with me, he went home to be with Rhett. So it was just me and my Rad. He was swaddled in soft white blankets and he slept every night, snuggled in the crook of my arm.  Thinking back on that is my happy place. I loved those nights and those days. He still comes crawling up and will snuggle into what ever nook he can find. It's my absolute favorite.

A few things about Rad:

Rad is happy. He wiggles and smiles and giggles at literally everything.

Rad is observant. He watches everything, not blinking and sticks out his chubby finger and points.

Rad crawls with swagger. His little shoulders and hips have got some moves.

Rad sleeps with his blanket on his head and his feet sticking out.

Rad wants to eat whatever you have. He will scream and wave his arms till he gets a taste.

Rad loves to bump foreheads. It's his version of of a fist pump.

Rad hums when he eats.

Rad will totally face plant when he throws a fit.

Rad loves to play catch.

Rad will snuggle on your shoulder or crawl on your lap when he when he wants to cuddle.

Rad loves faces. Pointing at your nose usually leads to him trying to pick said nose.

Rad loves to be bounced on the trampoline.

Rad is upset when Rhett leaves.

Rad will stop crying if you sign the itsy bitsy spider.

Rad is a wrestler.

Rad loves to pretend to be a puppy with Rhett.

Rad does Iron Man hands and can make some awesome super hero noises.

Rad also love to growl.

Rad loves to take lids on and off everything.

Rad always crawls around with a Hot Wheels car in one hand.

Rad is a bath taking guru. And splasher extraordinaire.

Rad could play peek-a-boo all day.

Rad's thighs are bigger then my arms. Tank.

Rad has a thing for anything soft, fuzzy and squishy. Mostly stuffed animals and blankets.

Rad adores dogs.

Rad is a super shrill shrieker when he is happy. And when he is angry.

Rad loves glasses and hats. He loves taking them off you and putting them on himself.

Rad is the best. Really, truly. I know I am the most biased person ever, but there is something in his blue eyes that shows that he is special. He had a huge first year with months of physical and occupational therapy for some developmental delays, his lovely helmet, and getting his tongue tie fixed. He is a trooper. He is unconditionally happy and has always smiled. He smiles and everything seems OK. That dopey, crooked smile is the best.

I know it is inevitable that he’s going to grow up, and find another woman to love more than me. And I know that it’s inevitable that he’ll stop lighting up from head to toe when I walk in a room. And it’s only a matter of time that he stops letting out a gasp of despair when I exit a room.

He won’t always snuggle into me, or giggle just because I bat my eyes at him.

Again, I better not blink. 

But of all the babies in the world, Rad is the best that could ever be mine.

Happy 1st birthday little man! You make our family whole.

And Rad's first year in pictures and little videos. :)

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Rad is just so beyond, beeeeeyond darling. I love how much he smiles. I love this song, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Rad and we love your posts. They make us laugh, smile and cry. You are an AWESOME family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was 7 Rad minutes in my life! Yey little man, we love you!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!