Tuesday, April 14, 2015

the meet & greet

If you've donated any of your life's precious time to reading even one paragraph of this here blog you'll know when it comes to the boys, I don't always specialize in glass-half-fulling it. Occasionally. I do adore them, but most days are making the best of controlled chaos. So please no (hmm I just stared at that "no" for a looooooong time before realizing I really meant now...JK know)... ahem so please know that for me to say the meet and greet actually went surprisingly swimmingly...means that it went REALLY well in Miller land.


Tickle me (and Beck) shocked.


Since the NICU and Special Care Unit didn't allow visitors under the age of 12 (one of the most logical rules I've ever heard...too many monitor buttons to potentially push and few too little reasoning capabilities from the under 12 crowd) this was the boys first time meeting baldy.

The introductions were complete with high pitched, "It's SO cute!!" and all.



Rad (was and is) the happiest little Beck excavator and didn't have a single cold shoulder to toss my way. Rhett giggled like crazy when seeing him and wants to hold him in 100 minute increments. (His words.) He also is adamant that Beck is his favorite family member...and I'll take it. I'll take it all.


I know this is grainy and and my dark circles are out of control but...I'm throwing it up. This nappy hair lady knows the fun has just begun.


And other happenings to note:

- Rad thought his belly button cord left over was a piece of Easter candy and wondered when they could eat it...at least that's why I think he was asking "tandy? tandy?" and pointing at it.

- He calls Beck, "bubby" and will gladly pet his head all day long but has no interest in holding him which is probably for the best as far as safety goeth.

- Rhett. The kid loves Beck. Loves him. I thought it was just the newness of a new baby in the house but he's stayed loyal to his affection each and every day. (So far! Counting my chickens, I know.) He tried to brush his hair (aka his head) today and it did not go over well, shockingly.

- He also lectures everyone on not throwing the baby. Mini parent of the year.

- Jake is a saint for taking such great care of the kids and me. There should be an entire section of greeting cards bigger than the birthday section solely dedicated to dads that take over for moms for an extended period of time. It's not easy and I know that. He's the best of all the rest.

And here's a video of the kids meeting Beck. (Or HERE if it doesn't work below.)




I'm hoping the love fest and babymoon in all its glory keeps going for the next 18 years.


That's not to much to hope for right? Dot, dot, dot...




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog the most. However, I read and smile at each one of the ones you have done. I love how the boys run to meet their little brother. So precious. And the little lamb!!!!! You two are great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of this entire post is the fact that you're rocking the hospital socks in one of the photos. Favorite picture ever.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!